On my search for interesting car radios I discovered something very special this time. Because this Joying universal device is finally offered with 4G receiver and SIM card slot! Also the other technical details are quite impressive. The radio uses the Octa-Core processor Intel Spreadtrum SC9853i with 1.8 Ghz clock frequency and runs with Android 8.1. 4GB RAM and 32 GB RAM were generously provided for running apps.
SIM card slot
The SIM card slot of the Joying JY-UOS03N4G is located at the end of a connection cable that is plugged into the back of the device. In many cases it will extend to the glove compartment together with the two USB connection cables. As an owner of a mobile phone contract you can get a second SIM card for 5 Euro per month. This means your car radio will always have an Internet connection for Google Maps, Spotify, Youtube, Internet Radio, Mail and Whatsapp. This will save you the effort of pairing the radio with a smartphone hotspot.
Controls of the Joying universal device
All control buttons of the Joying are located on the left side of the screen. The on/off switch is located at the top. Directly below is the Home button and the Back button. Then the Navi button follows to call up any Navi software. Below are the buttons for the volume. At the bottom there is a tiny opening for the internal microphone. If a reset is necessary, you can insert the end of a paperclip into the opening directly above the On switch. A slot for microSD cards has been hidden behind the removable display. You can use media up to 64GB per USB port or slot.
The car radio now also has a picture-in-picture function. This is very useful for displaying the navigation system or a music playlist in a reduced size. In split-screen mode, two apps share the screen next to each other. With the new 16-band equalizer, you can adjust the frequency response of your font and rear speakers separately. The radio supports fast boot and is available within 2 seconds of power-up.
The back of Joying universal device
On the back of the radio you will find a plug for the adapter with ISO connector or for the adapter with single cables. There are also RCA sockets with four audio outputs and two audio inputs. There is also a RCA connector for a subwoofer. There is also a video input and a digital audio output. You can also find antenna outputs for WLAN, GPS and 4G on the housing.
The four speaker outputs each have 50 watts. The display has a resolution of 1024 x 600 pixels. A DVD drive is not included with the device.
Joying with 8 inch display for VW vehicles
The Joying JY-VO130N4G has a double DIN housing. The technical data do not differ from the 8 inch device described above.
Joying with 10 inch display for any vehicles
The Joying JY-UO134N4G only has a double DIN housing. The technical data does not differ from the 8 inch device described above.
If you have not yet dealt with the topic,
you can inform yourself in this post:
Data of the Joying universal device
Here I have listed the general data for you again:
- Octa Core Intel Spreadtrum SC9853i with 1.8Ghz, 4G RAM, 32G ROM
- Operating system Android 8.1 Oreo
- Screen size: 7 inch
- Screen resolution: 1024 x 600
- Supports DAB + Digital Radio
- Supports 4K Ultra HD Video
- Key illumination can be selected as required
- Bluetooth 4.2: Hands-free function with phone book import and music playback (A2DP)
- Bluetooth connection for iPhones & Android phones
- Wireless screen mirroring
- Supports USB media & SD cards up to 64 GB
- Supports steering wheel remote control
- Chinch connector for rear view camera (video in)
- Built-in 4G SIM card slot
- 2 USB ports on the rear panel
- Supports tire pressure monitoring (TPMS optional)
- Internal and external microphone
- FM/AM radio with RDS
- Audio output power: 4 x 50 Watt Surround Stereo
Connections of the Joying universal device
If your vehicle has two antennas, these are for diversity.
If you use only one antenna for the radio, the reception suffers !
With this good diversity adapter you can use the signal strength of both antennas for radio reception:
Scope of delivery of the Joying universal device
- 7″ Android Car Radio (Head Unit)
- Adapter with ISO plug
- Radio bezels
- Instructions in English
- Fixing material
- External microphone with jack plug
- GPS antenna
- 4G antenna
TIP: With this key sequence you get into recovery mode
1. It is best to go to a very quiet place.
2. Press the mains switch until the unit is switched off. Then you can probably hear a “plop” very quietly. Now the device is really off.
3. Now release the button again. You can probably hear a very quiet “plop” again when the device turns on.
4. Wait about 1 to 2 seconds and then hold the power switch permanently until the recovery menu appears.
The Joying universal device with Android 8.1 for all vehicles costs 298,63 Euro in the online shop of eBay. It has a large display, is powerful and has a receiver for the Internet connection.
You can get a similar radio with the Pumpkin Pumpkin AE0273B on eBay for 253,99 Euro. Its operating system is Android 8.0. It also has an Octa Core processor and 4 GB RAM & 32 GB ROM. Many owners have already had good experiences with this radio. I have already described it in an article:
The Joying universal device comes with the latest version of the Android operating system and can be used as a navigation device, hands-free system and mobile music collection. I award a total of 4.9 out of 5 stars. Joying is an up-and-coming brand that I have been watching for 2 years. The devices are now very mature.
One more request. If you like this post, you can share it via Facebook or Twitter. Here you can also make a small donation:
I wrote this post on 15.04.2019!