The new Xtrons Hexa Core Android car radio with version 9.0 is now available. This flagship comes with 2 plus 4 cores. Such system is known under the name big.LITTLE architecture. The car radio even has 64 GB ROM and is clocked with up to 1.8 Ghz !
With the new processors and the new operating system you will get the highest performance and a quick system start. Bluetooth 5.0 is also built in. The radio has a display with 1024 x 600 pixels.
Xtrons Hexa Core in the design of the original device
Of course, Xtrons has based the new devices optically on the original devices. All buttons are illuminated and can be changed to any color. The case and the buttons feel valuable when pressed. All cable connections are neatly grouped on the back of the unit. It’s best to extend the USB ports as far as your glove compartment so that you can change the USB sticks easily. SD cards can be up to 64GB in size. USB sticks even up to 128 GB !
Other devices with Xtrons Hexa Core processor
These Xtrons car stereos are already available with the new processor:
Other vehicle-specific devices
There are other car radios with Android 9.0 specifically for the vehicles of VW, Audi, BMW, Buick, Chrysler, Chevrolet, GMC, Dodge, Fiat, Ford, Honda, Hummer, Hyundai, Jeep, Kia, Land Rover, Mazda, Mercedes, Mitsubishi, Opel, Porsche, Renault, Rover, Seat, Skoda, Suzuki and Toyota. The devices fit exactly into the dashboard with the adapted panel. All you have to do is to plug in the new radio. Since all necessary adapters are already supplied, connecting is child’s play!
CAN bus adapter
With the included dual-channel CAN bus adapter, the Xtrons Android car radio also connects directly to the vehicle’s on-board computer. Open doors and the distance warning are visually displayed. Fortunately, many radios have a volume control. The manufacturer has installed a DVD drive in most vehicle-specific devices and often also provides two slots for MicroSD cards and a USB connection. On some radios, the connectors are hidden under two dummy keys.
Here’s some equipment I want you to see:
Here you will find everything you need to know if you haven’t yet dealt with the topic:
Data of the Xtrons Hexa Core
Here I have listed the general data for you again:
- RK3399 PX6 Dual Core Cortex A-72 + Quad Core Cortex A-53 with 64bit and 1,8Ghz
- 4G RAM; 64G ROM
- Operating system Android 9.0 Pie
- Screen size: 8 inch, Screen resolution: 1024 x 600
- Supports DAB + Digital Radio
- Supports 4K Ultra HD Video
- Key illumination can be selected as required
- Bluetooth 5.0: connection for iPhones & Android phones
- Wireless screen mirroring (Smartphone Entertainment Sharing)
- Supports USB media up to 128 GB & SD cards up to 64 GB
- Supports steering wheel remote control
- Chinch connector for rear view camera
- 3 USB ports on the rear panel
- Connection for Dashcam
- Supports tire pressure monitoring (TPMS optional)
- 2 chinch outputs with video signal for external monitors (e.g. headrest monitors)
- 1 HDMI output for external monitors
- Dual CAN bus adapter
- internal microphone
- FM/AM radio with RDS
- Region Free DVD Player with the formats CD-Audio, CD-Video, CD-ROM, DVD-Audio, DVD-Video, DVD-R, DVD-R, DVD + R, DVD-RAM, Double Layer DVD + R
- Audio output power: 4 x 48 Watt Surround Stereo
The new FAKRA connectors for GPS and radio are already being used here. They are suitable for high frequencies up to 3 Ghz. The blue plug (right center) is for the connection of the GPS receiver. This is used to receive the satellite signals for the navigation device. The white plug (bottom right) is for the radio. It already contains a supply voltage. Therefore you don’t need a phantom adapter anymore.
If your vehicle has two antennas, these are for diversity. Then the reception suffers, if you use only one antenna for the radio ! With a good diversity adapter you can use the signal strength of both antennas for radio reception.
Scope of delivery of the Xtrons Hexa Core
- 8″ Android Car Radio (Head Unit)
- Two different ISO connection cables
- Cable with three USB sockets for rear connection
- CAN BUS box
- GPS antenna
- Connecting cable for audio & video
- Antenna for WLAN
- Connection cable for external microphone and camera
- Operating instructions in English
TIP: With this key sequence you get into recovery mode
1. it is best to go to a very quiet place.
2. press the mains switch until the unit is switched off. Then you can probably hear a “plop” very quietly. Now the device is really off.
3. now release the button again. You can probably hear a very quiet “plop” again when the device turns on.
4. Wait about 1 to 2 seconds and then hold the power switch permanently until the recovery menu appears.
Currently you can get the Xtrons PQ89UNVIP with Android 9.0 for cars from VW in the eBay online shop for 359,99 Euro. You won’t get more performance anywhere.
You can get a cheaper radio with the Pumpkin VAO401 with Android 9.0 on eBay for 199,88 Euro. Nevertheless, the device already has the Android 9.0 operating system. With the Quad Core processor and 2 GB RAM as well as 32 GB ROM as user memory, the radio is a lot of fun.
I have already described it in an article:
The Xtrons Hexa Core has extremely high performance and can be used as a navigation device, hands-free system and mobile music collection. I award a total of 4.9 out of 5 stars. The seller xtrons-store has received 162 positive, 0 neutral and 3 negative ratings in the last 12 months.
Advice and assistance
If you need help finding the right car radio with the right accessories or if you have a technical problem with the installation, just leave a comment with your car at the end of the article. I will reply as soon as possible.
One more request. If you like this post, you can share it via Facebook or Twitter. Nevertheless, there is also the possibility to make a small donation:
I have extended the post on 13.08.2019!